Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nashville Part 3



Did I wait long enough to finally publish these pictures?
Things have been BUSY! 
More on that later...

The last leg of our trip we went to 
The Gaylord Palms resort Center. 
BEAUTIFUL.
That's really the only word needed to describe it. 
I absolutely love the fact that you feel like you're outdoors....
{with no humidity}

I would love to stay here sometime, but that will never happen.


I so wish I could get my backyard this beautiful.
Always posing.

We also went on a river boat cruise in Lebanon, TN. 
It took place on Hickory Lake, home to Johnny Cash's 
original place.

This is an old boat..
and that's about all I can remember 6 weeks later..
I promise though, It had a great story :-/.

This is a shot of Reba McEntires home. Is it pathetic that I can remember everything he said about her, her property and the drunk guy who tried to dock on her dock and walk up the yard...but I can't remember anything important about that old boat? Ugh..

The boat you see in the picture is full of coal. Approximately 6 or 7 "tug" boats deliver coal to this machine. An arm picks up the coal and drops it on a conveyor belt that then transfers it 2 miles to the plant. I was absolutely fascinated by this..
Here's the plant that the coal is delivered to..you could see the conveyor built going into the building..
O.K., I'm not really sure why I think it's so amazing.
...but I just imagine all the cool movies that could be made using that conveyor belt. 
Perhaps instead of the top of a train, they could have people fighting on this belt and have a 
narrow escape as it enters the building...
Anybody with me?
Of course, I have forgotten the number of people that this building services and the amount of electricity it provides...
Total loser I tell you!
We ended the cruise parked in front of this bat cave. We waited until it was just about dark and then all the bats slowly started to fly out. It wasn't like the pictures from the Austin, Tx. bat cave, but it was really fun. I tried to get pictures, but it was just too dark...
The beautiful sunset on our way back.


No comments:

Post a Comment